An exclusive VIP listening party for the Ronnie James Dio tribute album "This Is Your Life" and awards gala will be held on March 17 at the Avalon in Hollywood, California. There will be a very limited amount of Dio fan tickets for $25 each, with 100% of the proceeds going to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund. You will get to hear the entire album two weeks before you can buy it and there will be very special live performances by Halestorm, Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour), Oni Logan (Lunch Mob, Dio Disiples), Jimmy Bain (Dio, Last In Line, Rainbow), Rowan Robertson (Dio), Brian Tichy (Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake) and many other special surprise guests, all performing their renditions of Ronnie's songs. There will also be awards presented during the evening, including an award to "The Metal God" Rob Halford of Judas Priest. Tickets will go on sale very soon and at $25, they will sell out fast.
To celebrate one of rock's most powerful voices, an all-star group of his friends and fans recorded 13 of their favorite tracks for a tribute album, 100% of proceeds from which will go to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund. Produced by his longtime manager and wife Wendy Dio, the album includes contributions by such metal heavyweights as Metallica, Motorhead, Scorpions, Anthrax and Rob Halford, as well as appearances by many of the musicians who performed with Dio over the years.
"This Is Your Life" will be available from Rhino on April 1. A digital version will also be available.
"This Is Your Life" track listing:
01. "Neon Knights" - Anthrax *
02. "The Last In Line" - Tenacious D *
03. "The Mob Rules" - Adrenaline Mob
04. "Rainbow In The Dark" - Corey Taylor, Roy Mayorga, Satchel, Christian Martucci, Jason Christopher *
05. "Straight Through The Heart" - Halestorm *
06. "Starstruck" - Motorhead with Biff Byford *
07. "Temple Of The King" - Scorpions *
08. "Egypt (The Chains Are On)" - Doro
09. "Holy Diver" - Killswitch Engage
10. "Catch The Rainbow" - Glenn Hughes, Simon Wright, Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Scott Warren *
11. "I" - Oni Logan, Jimmy Bain, Rowan Robertson, Brian Tichy *
12. "Man On The Silver Mountain" - Rob Halford, Vinny Appice, Doug Aldrich, Jeff Pilson, Scott Warren *
13. "Ronnie Rising Medley" (featuring "A Light In The Black", "Tarot Woman", "Stargazer", "Kill The King") - Metallica *
14. "This Is Your Life" - Dio
* Previously unreleased
The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund is a privately funded 501(c)(3) charity organization which has already raised more than $600,000 in its short history. Monies raised to date have been committed to the cancer research work of the T.J. Martell Foundation for Cancer, AIDS and Leukemia Research and the gastric cancer research unit of the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, where Ronnie was treated for gastric cancer during the last six months of his life.